Thursday, September 25, 2008

God is good even in the difficult times....

Hey Friends and Family....
Thought I would take a minute and update on the past few weeks. This week has been a rough week for us physically. Chris came down with the stomach flu on Tuesday and then I came down with it on Wednesday. Ugh...I have had to miss two days of work and I don't have sick time built up yet. The kids didn't know what to do with BOTH of us sick. I am feeling so tired and so attacked. I realize that Satan is trying everything he can to rob me of my JOY and to make me feel like my life is spinning out of control. It is in these times I find myself running to the Lord and crying out to Him to PLEASE make things better. All the while, understanding that this is part of the journey and we knew things were going to be hard, but knowing it would come and actually experiencing it are two different things. I am trying to daily remind myself of why we are here and that Satan does want to put a stop to what we are trying to do here.

The kids are still trying to adjust to school here. Ally seems to be doing better. Thank you to all of you who have read this blog and have emailed me to say you were praying for her. That means SO much to us. It is because of your prayers she is doing better. Please keep it up... :) A few of you have emailed your prayer concerns as well and I am praying for you too! Keep them coming so we can lift your concerns to the throne!

As far as Crosswinds Church goes, we have set dates for our first community event which will be a donation center for Hurricane Ike relief for those affected in Galveston, TX. That will be in October. Please continue to pray for us as we are all venturing into unknown territory with this church plant. Please pray for unity among us. Satan wants nothing more then to destroy our unity we have fought so hard to build and maintain together. We are still trying to adjust to this new life and new routine. God is good EVEN in the midst of the tears, struggles, pain, and stress we are feeling right now. I daily try to keep in front of me His calling on our lives and I am daily having to surrender to Him and to His will for our life.

Our verse for our family this week has been "Walk by faith and not by sight."......2 Cor. 3:7
We are truly learning what walking by faith looks like and not relying on what we see..which at times looks VERY dismal and not very promising....BUT....God IS FAITHFUL AND SO GOOD TO US!!!!

We love you all and so appreciate your support and prayers.

Trusting Him,
Ashley for Chris, Ally, Caleb and Anna Kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel terrible... I didn't realize you guys had posted the last time. Thought it was "the week of first." Had no idea Ally was struggling with school etc. I will focus more prayer on her. I know you guys feel like a punching bag! Satan is so determined and often so persistant! Put your hand in his face. "Greater is He who is within you than he..." You WILL be victorious (Rom.8:36) Love you all~deb k.

Randi Jo :) said...

hey! :) found you through the crosswinds site that Sarah sent me. Thanks so much for allowing us to be blessed by you this weekend. we were touched by your hearts for each other. thanks for making us feel so welcome & accepted. God IS good. I love to hear you praying for unity... that's awesome. :)

God bless you all!

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20