Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Life of Sacrifice....

Another week has passed.... God is molding us and teaching us through this process.  He is stripping us of our selfishness and we are surrendering and desiring to be more like Him.  This move to Wilmington has had its challenges.  I knew things were going to be hard with starting a new church, but what I didn't realize was all the lessons I needed to learn about myself and what I needed to be stripped of in order to be used by Him.  My relationship with the Lord is being redefined and He is showing me all of the areas in my life that I need to turn over to Him in TOTAL surrender.  I am reading a book entitled, "My husband wants to be a church planter, so what will that make me?" It is confirming in me that my first and foremost responsibility is to be a wife and mom and to support my husband through these difficult days.  I need to remember that I set the tone for our home and I need to have a positive attitude regardless of my circumstances.  It asks a question that I think about often..am I willing to sacrifice so that people in my community can experience new life in Christ?  We knew that by moving here we were sacrificing, but really it is a continual day by day life of sacrifice and it just doesn't stop with the physical move to Wilmington.  God is testing and teaching me through sacrifice.  We have been asked to give up living in our comfort zone, better schools for our children, proximity to great friends and neighbors, peace, time, a great church home....etc etc.... just to name a few....the journey before us is one that is requiring much sacrifice and TOTAL dependence on our Heavenly Father.  
Our faith is growing and deepening and being stretched to new heights.  We are truly blessed and excited at what God is going to do in the days ahead..... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

Thank you for your honesty and vulnerability. I can't begin to image all you, and Chris, are going through or the cost that struggle is taking. Know that I love you and have faith in you. Through this process of laying aside self there's a new freedom that can only be found by surrendering. Please please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything I/we can do to help you. I'll continue to pray...

Vic said...

Ashley,
Thank you so much for continuing to keep us all updated your faithfullness in updates have been wonderful and I am so grateful to have your family in my life. You guys continue to inspire me and your hearts for Christ. It only encourages me that much more to move closer to Christ and devote my life to him. Thank you so much and please keep in touch

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20