Monday, September 15, 2008

Weeks of Adjustments....

Last week was a week FULL of adjustments for all of us. We are all still trying to adjust to this new school and work routine. We had a few days of tears and the kids didn't want to go to school. Caleb and Anna Kate for the most part are adjusting very well to school. Ally is having a hard time in her class. Some of the kids are teasing and picking on her and she is just having a hard time. We would SO appreciate your prayers for her specifically. I spoke with the principal and the school counselor today and they are ready and willing to do whatever it takes to make her year a positive experience for her. I am SO thankful for that. Ally met with the school counselor today and she loved that time with her. I know that God has a BIG plan for Ally and that this time will only strengthen and build her character. We keep telling her that God loves her SO much and that He has a plan for her but that this transition for her is not easy and that God doesn't always allow it to be easy for us. It is sometimes through the most difficult times that God shows us more of Himself. I am praying that during these trials for her that she will run to Him and learn to rely on the Lord even at her age of almost 10 yrs old. She said to me the other day when I asked her if she had asked the Lord to go with her through her day and be SO near to her, she said, "it doesn't help mom".....after further talking with her she hadn't asked Him to be with her.....She is learning.....We are asking the Lord to tell us what He wants her to learn through these circumstances and to draw her SO close to Him in her relationship with Him. So, for that, I am grateful for these teachable moments on how we can teach our daughter with real life events on what it looks like to trust God and to depend on Him for everything.

For me, Ash, the Lord is teaching me about what is really important and how I need to take each day and treasure the time I have and be thankful for the many blessings He gives me. With starting this job and having such limited time with Chris and the kids, I have truly learned what is important and what is just not and I have to find a balance. One day last week I had a severe allergic reaction to a med I was taking along with an antibiotic for a sinus infection. I truly believe that God intervened and protected me from what could have been a heart attack. I won't go into the details, but I am SO grateful and SO blessed. Since that night I am truly trying to live each day with more passion and love for my Lord and my family. It is amazing how I just took that for granted so many days. God is good and I am truly thankful to Him and SO excited to see what He has in store for us here in Wilmington.

It certainly has not been easy and there are days that I am just so tired and just SO overwhelmed with all that has to take place for this church plant that I just want to go back to the life of comfortable living in Painted Post, NY...but it is in those times that the Lord reminds me of His presence and His calling on our life....and I am overwhelmed with emotion as I think back at all the signs of His goodness and His blessings on us as we have taken the steps of obedience to seek after His will for Crosswinds Church and our lives as a family.

Thank you, our family and friends, for your faithful prayers that we feel on a day to day basis. We certainly treasure them and love you all!

No comments:

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20