Monday, September 1, 2008

Week of Firsts....


This week has been a week of firsts for all of us..... The kids started school last Tuesday, the 26th. They all had a great first week.  Ally started 4th grade, Caleb 3rd, and Anna Kate started Kindergarten.  We have attached a few photos of them on their first day in their school uniforms. I started my job as a Public Health Nurse with the New Hanover County Health Department.  I have alot to learn, but I know that I will love it once I get oriented and feel comfortable.  I will be in training and orientation for 6 months so I have plenty of time to feel comfortable.  It will be a great opportunity to BE Jesus to my coworkers and the patients I come in contact with.  The people I work with are very friendly and have accepted me in and made me feel welcome so that was great.  I am now trying to manage working full-time and still managing my roles as wife and mom.  God is good!

Chris had a guy from headquarters come down this past week and do some one-on-one training with him for church planting.  He gave great insight and words of wisdom. We had a launch team meeting on Sunday and were able to set core values and next steps for Crosswinds Church.   God has made clear to us that we are to plant in N Brunswick County in a town called Leland where there is LOTS of growth happening.   We are now in the process of trying to find a location to rent.  Please pray that God will bring in the finances for us so that we will be able to afford a place to rent for our meeting place.  We have learned to be patient and wait and God WILL reveal to us His perfect plan in His perfect timing.   Over the next few weeks we will be doing community surveys and assessments and outreach events in the Leland area.  Please pray for us that God will use us and that we will be in the center of His will at all times.  
We covet your prayers and your support. 
Until next time......
Ashley for Chris, Ally, Caleb and Anna Kate





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,
Are you all o.k. I try to keep up with you guys on your "blog". You know I just love that computer stuff!!!! Think about you all and pray for each of you everyday. Any change with the property search yet? Love you guys

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20