Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Begins!

The kids had their last day of school yesterday for the summer. They are thrilled! It is hard to believe we have been here for almost one year. July 1 will be the one year mark. So much has happened over this last year. The year has been filled with lots of different emotions. It has been an incredible journey...one filled with many ups and downs. God has stretched each of us and He continues to mold us and shape us into who He wants us to be. I have been humbled as I have seen His hand in SO many areas of our lives. There have been days of uncertainty, doubt, confusion, hurt, JOY, sadness, anger, frustration, disappointment, regrets, happiness, amazement, humility,.... I could go on and on with the range of emotions I personally have felt over this last year. Never would have dreamed we would be doing what we are doing right now. Planting Crosswinds church has been hard but so rewarding at times as well. God is on the move and I am daily reminded of His goodness, faithfulness and love to us. We are so undeserving.

I return often in my mind to the day He called us to do this and I often ask Him, Lord, are you SURE it was us you were calling to do this. I am QUICKLY reminded and reassured that YES, He DID call us! That is where I go to be reassured to be fueled once again to KEEP ON GOING! To be honest, I haven't liked who I have become at times on this journey. The busyness of life have consumed me and I have found that I have not made time to IMPACT people's lives. LIFE has consumed me and there were and still are times I feel swallowed up with the busyness and I long to return to the days in NY where I felt needed, loved and valued and felt like I was making a difference for Christ. Those were great years...harvest years. Now, we are in a different season. I am continually asking the Lord to show me in this new season His will and His plan for my life. How does He want to use me here? How can I make a difference for the kingdom? Keeping that kingdom focus in the midst of surviving has been SO difficult! But God has been right there...lifting up, loving me and encouraging me to keep on keeping on! For that, I am SO thankful! He has been the consistent one and the only one who has not let me down.

There are exciting days ahead for the church and God has been so faithful. We are continuing to see new families every Sunday at Crosswinds and they are returning. It is so incredible to think we started with just a handful and now we are up to 100 people! God is SO amazing! He is drawing people to Himself despite our inadequacies, our faults and our failures. I am SO thankful for that!

Thank you to our faithful friends and supporters. Without your love, encouragement and support we could NOT do this journey! We love you all so much!

In a few weeks we will be moving into the Leland area to a home we have found to rent. That story is amazing as well. We are SO blessed! God opened up an incredible door and we are so excited to move into this home with the option to buy in a year or so! God is good! We are excited to get back into a neighborhood where we can minster again and connect with people daily. It was hard to do that in an apartment complex with mostly college students who we never saw during the day! :) The neighborhood is beautiful and the house is on a cul-de-sac and has plenty of yard for the kids to play. The kids are excited as well to be able to play outside and feel safe! :)

I try to reflect daily on God's goodness and when I do, the other "stuff" that isn't so good just fades away. Keeping my eyes on Him and His calling in front of me daily, keeps me keeping on! Looking forward to seeing all God teaches me this next year. Exciting days are ahead!

No comments:

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20