Thursday, April 9, 2009

Long overdue update....

I have been told by some that I need to update our blog. :) I am so overdue on updating what has been going on in our lives over the last few weeks. Sorry! So, here it goes:

My last post we were awaiting news on a possible job lay off for me. We are happy to report and SO thankful that I have not lost my job. My department did not lay off anyone right now. There were 27 lay offs in other departments. The county will reevaluate in July to see if other lay offs will be necessary. So for now, I am thankful and trusting the Lord that He holds our future and knows what is best for us. Thanks to those of you who emailed or called to say you were praying for us. That has meant SO much to us. Prayers were answered!

We had a wonderful launch Sunday with Crosswinds on March 29th. We have started with two services 9:30 and 11:00am. Our website is up and running and updated...it is www.crosswindslive.com if you want to check it out. God is doing some amazing things. We have not gotten the keys yet to the new building, but we believe the Lord is teaching us that it is not about a building. The church is His people and we think we have been consumed with getting into the building that we were losing sight of what we are really called here to be...the church...which is HIS PEOPLE! We are meeting in our temporary space across the parking lot from the building and it is working fine...not ideal, but we are blessed to have this space to use for now. God's timing is perfect and we are daily having to keep that in perspective. Please pray that the inspections will pass next week so we can occupy the space soon. We are seeing new families every week at Crosswinds and receiving emails during the week of how God is moving in the lives of His people. God is drawing people to Himself and it is just amazing and exciting to watch this all take place.

I have been doing alot of reflection lately in my own life as well as on the past 9 months that we have been here in Wilmington. God is stripping me of ME and He is revealing so much to me. Areas in my life that need changing, molding, and areas that need real growth to take place. This journey has been a difficult one, but one that has been SO rewarding. My word for the year was DEEPER...and I felt like I was to go deeper in my relationship with Christ. That is a part of it, but I am realizing that there are DEEPER issues in my life that God is trying to mold, shape, change and purge in order for me to be WHO He has called me to be IN HIM. In order for me to be the woman of God he desires for me to be. Even for me to be the "pastor's wife", wife, and mom that he would have me to be, I have to go deeper IN HIM and FOR HIM! There are so many new roles and new challenges that this move has brought into our lives. I am taking it one day at a time.

We have a wonderful team of people who have stepped up and who are leading and ministering on Sundays and for them we are SO grateful! We certainly couldn't do this without them. So, for those of you reading this who are a part of this team...THANK YOU! You are truly valued, loved and appreciated!

The last few weeks we have had lots of family and friends in to visit. We have loved every minute of it. We are looking forward to a wonderful Easter weekend celebrating our RISEN Savior with our church family and friends who are coming in from NY! God is so good!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend celebrating with your family and friends the reason we live....to celebrate and praise our risen Savior!
Much love to your family from ours!

1 comment:

Pastor Al said...

Hey Chris,

"God is stripping me of ME and He is revealing so much to me. Areas in my life that need changing, molding, and areas that need real growth to take place."

Seems like the biggest roadblock to church growth is the pastor team. If we grow...the church grows.

Happy Easter. He lives!

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20