Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank you for your prayers....

I wanted to write to say thank you to all of you who have been praying for our son Caleb. I do believe he is better and God's protection has been over him and your prayers played a big part in that. Caleb was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday after running high fevers of 103-104.7 for 6 days. I had taken him into the doctor on Friday and they said it was viral. He started with the cough into day 3 of the fevers. I was listening to his lungs all weekend but never heard anything. He did not display the classic signs of pneumonia. The doctor saw him again on Monday, yesterday, and she didn't hear anything either, but I had asked her when I called that morning to please send him for bloodwork and a chest x-ray. They did...the chest x-ray picked up on the pneumonia. His white count was teetering on the edge of him needing to be hospitalized for treatment. We have him at home on oral antibiotics and lots of fluids and rest. He is to be out of school the rest of the week with hopes to go back on Friday. I am SO thankful that he is on the mend. He is a sick little boy, but he realizes the power of prayer and is SO appreciative of all the prayers going up on his behalf. Last night Mark Pratt came to pray with us and over him, and that spoke volumes into that little boy's life. He said to me after Mark was finished that that was "so nice" of him to do and for me to tell him thank you for him. (caleb had been asleep when Mark walked in, but woke up during the praying so he realized what was going on). Caleb said to me, "mom, am I really really sick? Am I going to die from this pneumonia?" I told him that God was protecting him and allowed us to get him the help he needed before it got too bad. It has been a life's lesson in teaching him about the power of prayer and healing in his life. God is SO good!

We SO appreciate all of you who have called and emailed us with your prayers, love and concern. We are SO very grateful for each one of you.

We are pressing on in this journey...through the many ups and downs and trials that come our way....praising the Lord in the midst of every one....For HE IS GOOD ALL the time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD... HE HEARD AND ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS. SO GLAD LITTLE CALEB IS DOING BETTER. YOUR KIDS ARE REALLY SEEING GOD'S AWESOME POWER AT SUCH YOUNG AGES! WE'LL KEEP PRAYING UNTIL CALEB IS COMPLETELY WELL. I REMEMBER WHEN HE WAS SICK IN JULY... HE'S SUCH A SWEET SICK GUY! LOVE YOU ALL

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20