Monday, January 5, 2009

My One Word...

Sunday at Port City Community Church the pastor talked about "my one word" and challenging us to pick a word for the year of 2009 that would describe what we need the Lord to help us on throughout this new year. We have thought ALOT about this idea over the past 24 hours and the Lord is stirring ALOT within us as a family. I am praying for him to reveal to me my one word. (I will blog it when I know for sure what it will be.) There are several that come to my mind and I want the Lord to make it very clear to me what it should be. Check out the website at www.myoneword.org It is a great idea. We as a family are picking our words. Our kids have come up with their word and writing it on cards to post in their rooms to remind them. It has been a great thing for our family.

This new year that lies ahead of us is one that will be filled with lots of adventure for us personally as well as for our new church. God has been drawing me closer to himself and I am excited to see what He is going to do in the days ahead. My one desire is to deepen my knowledge of His Word...to dig in and become more disciplined in my studies. So much lies ahead of us....I desperately NEED Him to direct my every step and give me much wisdom and guidance for the days ahead....

Happy New Year and may your new year be filled with many blessings and challenges to know God more.

Trusting Him,
Ashley

No comments:

BIG God using little us.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20